Sunday, September 9, 2018

Tour of Britain 2018, Whinlatter Pass

As soon as I knew Chris Froome was riding in this years tour, I had been plotting and planning where I could see him and Team Sky. At first we thought the finish at Mansfield on Saturday with one or two glimpses along the way during the day. Then I had a thought.....I needed to maximize seeing Froomey and a two day finish at the top of a Lake District summit was just the ticket. The car park at the top was nearly sold out but we were lucky to get one of the 250 spaces. Weather forecast was good, so off we went. I have to tell you, it was without no word of a lie, bloody fantastic. Lots of big names were riding and we saw them all !  I have lots of pics to show you, There's quite alot and if you are into cycling you will love them....if not - tough! Already looking forward to next years Tours, might treat us to a few weeks in France (although I haven't mentioned that to Simon yet!). 

The podium from a distance. It was lovely before the 1000's of people arrived ! 

The first day was the Team Time Trial but before the race started we were in for a treat. All the riders rode up the hill on a bit of a recce, through the finish and back down the hill. All relaxed, chatting and laughing among themselves. You may see some faces that you recognise !










Roglic 






Matt Barbet and Yanto Barker, presenters of the race for ITV 




Julian Alaphilippe who was the winner of this years Tour of Britain





 and here he is.....a legend !




Geraint Thomas 

A few pics before the racing started but the crowds were growing, a few bus trips of school kids arrived, all issued with hats and flags...they were so excited it was lovely to see (and hear!). I hope that you enjoy looking at the pics. 

No comments: