Sunday, January 28, 2024

A few bits and bobs from last week

 

It was my 66th birthday last week (yes, I know you are all staggered that I am that age!!) so a trip to Steels in Cleethorpes was a must. Haddock and chips with bread and butter and a pot of tea.....it was absolutely delicious, as you can see. Happy birthday to me.......I am now a lady of 3 pensions and that makes me very happy. Although I am a WASPI women and the government has robbed me of £44,000, starting of with the Thatcher government but no other subsequent one put the wrong right. The case is still ongoing and my case, along with thousands of other 50's ladies, has gone to the Ombudsman. But that was 6 years ago......and I have not heard a thing. But I don't think about it.......powerless to do anything. Perhaps they will make a programme about us like the Post Office and we will have our day. £44,000 down, robbing basta*ds !!


Simon very happy......his dinner is on it's way !



Snowdrops are up. Have we finally turned a corner from winter to spring. It certainly feels like it when the flowers pop up.


Pixi in a box, she loves a box !


A few onions in, Centurion


Still eating last years onions, delicious and haven't bought an onion in a year


Icy !!



Daffodils have just started to sprut up


The new cold frame is finally under construction. Simon has been waiting for the ground to dry out, it's finally finished and as I type, it is filling with plants. 



Winter aconites looking beautiful in the afternoon sun

No comments: